Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

New traditional Icelandic

I love traditional Icelandic sweaters especially in muted, natural sheep colors. But from time to time, being the lover of colors that I am, I love to mix the designs up a bit and use beautiful colors that complement the natural earth tones. Actually it's not uncommon here in Iceland to use colored lopi but I really like to think about what colors I put together.


Another thing I like to do is to change the cut of the garments and modernize them. In my opinion many of the sweaters, vests and dresses are far to wide, shapeless and have short bodies and sleeves. I usually custom make every item to fit the body of the owner if I can. It takes a few tricks and some math to do that successfully but I think it's part of the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment