Total Pageviews

Friday, January 17, 2014

Tricks to knit a bit faster

Even though I'm a fast knitter I sometimes I wish I could knit a lot faster. My knitting speed depends on what size needles I am using, if I'm using steel or acrylic needles, what type of yarn etc.
I do have a few tricks up my sleeve that I believe make my knitting go just a bit faster:

  • Try not to knit too tight. If you do and aren't able to change it, try using a smaller needle in your left hand (if you have interchangeable needles that is). That way the stitches will easily come of the needle despite your tight knitting.
  • Use a shorter circular needle when knitting in the round. For example I use a 60 cm needle when knitting the body of a sweater, even in XL. It just makes moving the stitches easier and quicker.
  • Relax your body, shoulders, arms and fingers as much as you can and, again, try to relax your knitting so it's looser without being too loose.
  • Watch or listen to something really exiting. I tend to knit very fast when I do cause I get so exited. It works best though when knitting with one color in the round.
Then if this doesn't help, one could always master speed knitting:


No comments:

Post a Comment